It’s amazing how quickly time goes by. I have often been told by those older than I am that it just gets faster every year, and that definitely is the truth.
It seems like just yesterday I was sitting here mapping out my goals for the next year, and suddenly one month is already done and over with. But I am very excited about the great start this year has gotten off to.
- It has been the best month so far for The Stolen Colon. It makes me really look forward to the year ahead in blogging!
- I got a new design on the blog and have more ideas in store.
- I submitted my application to NCSU’s grad school.
- I have made my bed 32 out of 32 days.
- I am working on eating better, fresher foods. I’ve been enjoying some green smoothies in the morning 🙂
- Jarrod and I have a new budget in place that I’m really excited about. It’s pretty strict, but still gives us room to have fun, while getting our current debts paid off. And we actually did a great job at sticking to it for the first month!
- I’ve been getting to bed earlier and waking up earlier for a morning workout. (Not every day, by any means, but I’m working on it.)
So now, on to February. It’s only day 1, but the month is quickly filling up! But with lots of good things: there are so many birthdays of my wonderful friends and family; I have several networking opportunities set up; the Super Bowl is this weekend.
Not to mention that Valentine’s day is in a couple of weeks. My husband and I don’t usually go all out for Valentine’s, but we do usually mark the occasion in some way. I suppose we should since Jarrod proposed to me on February 13th! And I do like the reminder to celebrate the love that you share in your life.
And finally, training for the Team Challenge half-marathon officially starts this month! We’ll have a kick-off party and the 16th and then the training begins on the 23rd. I am looking forward to going through the entire 16 week training this season, since last year I joined a little late in the season. It’s going to be a great season and I am really looking forward to getting to meet everyone who is involved!
I have pretty much touched on my goals for this month.
- My main goal is to be prepared for the start of Team Challenge season and to work hard to bring in some other runners in the area.
- Continue the “early to bed, early to rise” routine and morning workouts.
- I also start therapy on my wrist, so I am hoping for a strong recovery and being able to get back to all of the activities I’ve been missing out on.
- Beyond that, I am going to continue honing the budget and being good at sticking to it.
- And I am looking forward to spending time with family and friends and celebrating the various events throughout the month.