Today is World Ostomy Day. A day to raise awareness and bring ostomies into the conversation. I know there are a lot of reasons that people don’t want to have an ostomy, but I started thinking of all of the great things that come along with having one. So please enjoy…
- No colonoscopy prep EVER!
- You no longer have to try to hold in the noise when someone else comes into the bathroom.
- You can go in the woods without even dropping your pants.
- You have a constant reminder that you really are supposed to chew your food better.
- No more accidental farts in front of someone you’re trying to impress…
- …but you are now the master of the “silent, but deadly.”
- You can poop in bed… Or in the car… Or really anywhere.
- It opens up a whole new world of ostomy fashion.
- There’s no need to bring along a magazine when going to the bathroom.
- When someone asks, “Who farted?” you can reply with a confident, “Not me!”
Happy World Ostomy Day!