Life has a crazy way of just happening. That hit me like a ton of bricks over the past few weeks. I feel like I have been all over the place and I haven’t had the easiest time handling it.
I took a summer course for grad school. It was only a 5-week semester, which is great for getting 3 credit hours in that short amount of time, but it meant a lot of work over that time period. I felt like I had hardly any time to just relax and breathe over the session, much less spend time on other projects. Plus, there’s something to be said for brain exhaustion. It’s much more difficult, at least in my experience, than physical exhaustion. I just finished up the course at the end of last week and I still feel like I’m making up for being so tired.
On top of that, in the past month, I have been working on a number of big projects at work, I celebrated my 4-year anniversary with my husband and we almost bought a new house. It’s probably a good thing that didn’t work out, because I can’t imagine being in a spot right now where we would be packing up our house and going through the process of buying another. Things are already crazy without that!
But I’m ready to move on now and get back to a normal life. I have missed blogging and spending time with my friends online. I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and I have been putting some thought today into what I hope to accomplish here over the coming months. I am trying to be more thoughtful with my goals and to not overload myself so I don’t get sidetracked along the way. So here’s what I’ve got so far, as I try to keep it simple…
- Get back to regular blog posts on The Stolen Colon (at least twice weekly).
- Run 3x a week for 2+ miles.
- Start home renovations (We decided that even though we aren’t selling right now, we should still get the house ready for when we do.)
- Enjoy 3 weeks of break before the next semester starts.
- Spend some time outdoors (when it’s not 90+ degrees.)
- Start back the semester strong at the end of the month.
- Travel to Florida for work-trip. (Anyone in the Orlando area wanna hang out??)
So now that I’ve taken some time to get back on track, I’m ready to get moving again! See you again soon.